Thursday, June 30, 2011

Total lack of inspiration / Flailing wildly for ideas


It's been awhile since my last proper RPG related post, and the basic reason for that is that I'm stuck in a bit of a rut.

I really want to be devoting some quality time to my hobby, and I can't, because I've too much Real World stuff to do, like find a better job, move house, spend time with young children, perform manly DIY duties.

So whilst I really really want to focus on gaming, I feel guilty when I do.

Sad face.

So, how to get out of this rut?

Goals.

I have a birthday coming up, and some holiday, so that would be a good time to indulge.

Therefore I have set myself some (woolly, hand-wavey) goals.

Make real and measurable progress to new job and house by the start of my holiday (July 25) and then allocate gaming time into my schedule after my birthday (July 28).

3 comments:

  1. When do the kids get old enough to role-play? I've been following some posts on BoingBoing discussing strategies for introducing younger players to table-top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son turns four this month, and my daughter is a year old in September.
    I think I've a way to go.
    My son is just about mastering his Mickey Mouse matching game...

    I can't wait though. A few short years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like this link, it seems 4 is old enough to start for some. You have a head start on me though, I'm still having wistful daydreams about the geek activities I'll have with my yet to be born child.

    ReplyDelete