Saturday, May 7, 2011

Heed the call to Adventure! / Telluric power is a harsh mistress

I've been watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls today, and I'm halfway through reading Lovecrafts Mountains of Madness.
I am currently overcome with a desire to run a pulp game. Either Trail of Cthulhu or Adventure!

Either would be acceptable, and would no doubt use similar set pieces.

I'm favouring Adventure! as I write, as it is a marvellous system that rewards creativity, description and ingenuity, and allows the players to directly affect the narrative. It's rawrsome. And great fun as well.




2 comments:

  1. Have you experienced Savage Worlds? It is a most amicable system for this manner of rollicking pulp action, being (by its primary tenets) Fast, Furious and Fun.

    It doesn't have Adventure!'s hallmark narrative editing thing, but it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy: I did see that there's a new edition of Savage Worlds coming out, so I might check that out.

    Christian: I'm open to negotiation. The fiction provided with the game itself is even better than Nazi Attack Baboons, as inconceivable as that is.

    ReplyDelete